Sunday, March 15, 2009

Space shuttle Discovery blasts off with crew of 7

Space shuttle Discovery and its crew of seven rocketed into orbit Sunday evening, setting off on a space station construction mission cut short by launch delays that dragged on for more than a month.
Discovery rose from its seaside pad just as the sun was setting, a spectacular sight for a space agency anxious to get the flight going. As the shuttle sped away like a brilliant star, part of the launch plume glowed pink, peach and golden. The shuttle was visible for several minutes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle

2 comments:

SpacerGuy said...

Spaceshuttles are awesome. Its a shame they don't have any forcefield capabilities to protect the crew from floating space junk which is on the increase in earths orbit.

learning quran online said...

I don’t know If I said it already but …Cool site, love the info. I do a lot of research online on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks